Friday, September 29, 2006

BOOKS REVIEW!!

If "The Elephant Vanishes" by Haruki Murakami is Japan's answer to Corelli's Mandolin, then what the fuck is up with Japan? This wasn't even a novel. It was a collection of short stories. I was so underwhelmed that it has taken me almost two months to write this review. Mr Murakami, I suggest you try calling your "stories" "chapters", and having some of the characters stick around for longer than 30 pages if you ever hope to write the great American novel.

6/10



Tracy Kidder's Pulitzer Prize winning "The Soul of a New Machine" is the best book about business management since Corelli's Mandolin.

But why the fuck I read a book about R&D in an industry closely related to my own while I was completely stressed out at work and then took it on vacation has me completely baffled. Basically it is a detailed description of the hell I regularly submit to. The same management styles. The same impossible deadlines. The same fucking lingo.

6.5/10





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?