Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Last night I slept like shit but I had this epic dream where I went back to my high school and taught some kid how to use a pencil sharpener and took some other kid to see the school nurse who I reamed out because she had no ice, no polysporin, and then admitted she wasn't even a real nurse, and then had gut-wrenching stage fright before addressing the student body at an assembly, and then went into recurring dream mode where I'm enrolled in this class, but I keep not showing up, but also not unenrolling and somehow my enrollment keeps getting carried over, and I've basically been fucking up this class for like 12 years. I'm not sure why I dream this last part over and over again, because I totally graduated high school and university and I'm pretty sure neither institution wants their diploma back. Maybe this dream is symbolic of the fact that I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with my life and have a nagging feeling that I have another calling. But surely being hopelessly lost in one's own life but learning to suppress those feelings on a day-to-day basis isn't so serious an issue that your subconscious would need to work on it while dreaming, is it?

You know how 50% of people spell 'congratulations' 'congradulations', and how when they send you a card or an email or whatever that says 'congradulations' instead of thinking "that's nice" you think "Christ, what a moron"? I think if they are congratulating you on your graduation, you should give them the benefit of doubt and assume they're just making a really shitty pun. It's best not to be so hard on people all the time.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?