Thursday, July 13, 2006

an anecdote about me and my reliance on fossil fuels and my lack of respect for authority when i don't find it convincing enough

On the weekend someone went around and put a bunch of photocopied handwritten pieces of paper under the wipers of a bunch of cars on my street that said "NO PARKING July 10 - (something I forget) OR VEHICLE will be TOWED! CITY OF TORONTO", and the 'or' was underlined three times and keep in mind the whole thing was handwritten including the "City of Toronto" part. I saw this and thought fuck that, I'm not heeding that bullshit, it doesn't even thank me for my fucking cooperation! Then on Tuesday I saw my car wasn't where I left it and I was all ready to declare rushdie style fatwa on the next person I saw with a sharpie and a photocopier, but instead I saw a dude in a towtruck and I was like the name of that austin kutcher movie, and he was like one street over, i was like THANKS! and drove to work and had coffee instead of jihad.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?