Sunday, June 11, 2006

the sound of wind

I realize that publishing one's thoughts about work on the internet is so December 2000 - May 2005, but it's 1:30am, Sunday morning, and I've been here since 9:00am, Saturday morning. I am so tired that every thirty seconds or so I competly forget where I am because everything seems completely weird and foreign, and then I realize I'm in the exact spot that I spend more time at than any other spot in the world, and is in many sad ways the spot I am most familar with in the world. So basically fuck work.

I did catch about 2 minutes of sleep around 5pm, on my chair, after playing with the various levers underneath it to tilt it back a little bit. My nap was interupted shortly after it began when this horrible, loud, windy squealing noise started coming out of my face.

That whole desk nap incident reminds me of my flight to Jamaica this past April. I purchsed one of those inflatable neck pillows for the ride down, because I always want to sleep on airplanes but have a hard time because I either need some object to support my neck, which I never have, or I need someone awake enough that they can hold my head up the whole ride, which usually ends up being me. So this time I said fuck that and bought one of these inflatable neck pillows. About twenty minutes into the flight I whipped it out, felt really self-concious blowing it up, and then tossed it around my neck. It wasn't perfect, but it did work pretty well. I was able to sleep almost the entire flight. It was a light, broken sleep that at the time didn't feel like any sleep at all, but at the end of the flight I realized that five hours had gone by and I hadn't done anything, thought about anything, or talked to anyone, so I must have been sleeping. So anyway, this pillow was alright, except at one point while I was sleeping, the air valve, which is ends up being right next to your fucking ear, opened up and as the weight of my head started pushing the air out, it made this horrible windy screaming noise right in my ear. It scared the shit out of me. This is going to sound far-fetched, but when I woke up to this sound I actually thought I was going to open my eyes to witness terrified children being sent to the gas chamber. But Jamaica was nice. A few days later while playing beach volleyball I accidentally kneed this kid in the balls so hard that my KNEE hurt.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?