Monday, June 12, 2006

boxin'

In an attempt to make my place more enjoyable for the summer, I've rearranged the furniture and then pulled every single box out from its hiding place so that they can be consolidated and put in even better hiding places. I also took the pile of CD's that were sitting on my kitchen table and put them in the living room where they can be just one more anonymous pile. So basically my new improved living space for the summer will involve me spending all my time in the kitchen because the living room is filled with boxes, and only listening to Fugazi 13 Songs because that is the only CD left in the kitchen.

In one of those boxes I just found a 5.25" diskette, with an immaturely hand-printed label that says "WRITING - MUST NOT BE LOST". I have no idea what's on it, but I bet it would make some people laugh or say "how sweet" but would make me totally cringe. Much to my relief, and to the dismay of my 15 year old self, who the fuck has a 5.25" disk drive any more?!

Another part of the home improvement project is to make my deck more comfortable. It's a fair sized second floor deck, but it's on the front of the house, and the railings are just those shitty metal one-straight/one-twisted things that are fine for certain families that want to interlock their front yard, but aren't really my style, nor do they offer any privacy whatsoever. So I went to ikea, which I hate for several reasons, and bought a curtain named Bojan, and tied it up with string to the railings with string as a proof of concept. It looks okay, and while somewhat sheer, will offer me some token privacy. My deck is so exposed that I felt acutely embarrassed while I was putting it up. Now that the concept has been proven, I will be buying three more Bojans, and some twine to tie that shit up right. Or maybe I should wait for some rain to make sure it doesn't distingrate. Yeah, I think I'll wait for it to rain. Actually, I should wait until the fall, and if it all goes okay I'll do it for real next year. Next summer is going to rule.

I just went and brought that old pile of CD's back into the kitchen, because they all remind me of my kitchen circa spring 2006 and I'm feeling nostalgic.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?